[NetBehaviour] #nfcdab 2018 trondheim - open call for works
noemata at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:40:25 CET 2018
*open call for works*
the 3rd near-field communication digital art biennale is calling for works
that use and interacts with P2P (peer-to-peer) dynamic and distributed form
of electromagnetic, light and wireless technology standards.
the idea of the biennale is to take advantage of the potential of near
field communication and other sharing technologies for promoting and making
web-based digital art accessible in physical settings. it's also an attempt
of bringing this art outside the framework of galleries and institutions.
#nfcdab 2018 will take place in Warsaw, Wroclaw(PL), Amsterdam(NL),
Trondheim(NO), Valencia(ES), and possibly Prague(CZ), Berlin (DE),
this call is directed towards the trondheim leg, although the works will be
shared between all nodes.
*trondheim biennale date: 4-6 may 2018.*
location: trondheim, norway, in the context of metamorf and dangerous
NFC tags, QR codes, modified routers, 2 categories of sensors: A. embedded
human sensory pack, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense ; B. sensors
in mobile devices, see: https://www.w3.org/2009/dap/
suggestive descriptions of what we're looking for
- contextual, parasitic, virtual, imaginary, descriptive, phenomenological,
- parasitic on art context and on human percpeption.
- the character of the trondheim leg is low-tech and low profile, even to
to the degree of being 'bricked' (unresponsive) as a strategy against the
spectacle which is technology.
- a focus on the relation between inert physical objects and their virtual
counterpart in a broad sense being objects of our perception - coming
alive, activated by innate or prostetic sensors.
- fictionalization, obfuscation, and muddling of information, activating
associative, lateral, derailing storylines. a staging of events, not for
common digestion all bombyx (written on a box of canned silk worm pupaes).
there should always be the possibility that the biennale doesn't exist. it
may be a practical joke or simply a hallucinating of arcane references
found in public spaces, toilet walls, and bricked streets.
- the works can be textual descriptions of possible or impossible artworks
for the locations. invert works to 'prompts' for activating the subject 'in
place of the work'.
- alternative mapping strategies between physical and virtual.
- how the tech can be used to invert modes of exhibition and perception.
- people can act like sensors, works can be prompts - an activation of your
- descriptive art, the code-tag can act as a prompt for people to write, to
email, web or nfc message board.
- a description of a virtual artwork ('imaginary works of art in certain
locations', joubin), or reinterpretation of a real (or virtual!) work at
- hybrid object, virtual-real, the tag refers to its virtual counter-part,
- an object's memory, available to the decoder, and collected by
- virtual graffiti, a camera obscura - creating of an inverted
- ambulating, walking, tagging, flaneur.
*submit your work to #nfcdab 2018*
- content playable or bricked on mobile, portable devices, human senses and
- whatever you can conjure up related to the call, even being its contrary
- interventions and tripwires.
- send link or text to nfcdab3 at noemata.net
*deadline: 25 april 2018.*
link to this call: http://noemata.net/5504
#nfcdab - A DIY international and independent digital art biennale that
uses wireless technology, light waves and electromagnetic fields e.g.:
Wi-Fi routers, QR codes or NFC tags for accessing content with your
#nfcdab 2018 is a multi-centered biennale organized by nfcwproject/dominik
podsiadly, browserbased, and noemata, and will take place in Warsaw,
Wroclaw(PL), Amsterdam(NL), Trondheim(NO), Valencia(ES), and possibly
Prague(CZ), Berlin (DE), throughout 2018.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NetBehaviour