[NetBehaviour] This Thursday 13.30-17.30 What Will It Be Like When We Buy An Island (on the blockchain)?

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Sun Mar 25 16:18:27 CEST 2018

Hello,

For those of you that are in London, we would love to see you on
Thursday at our next DAOWO workshop, /What Will It Be Like When We Buy
An Island (on the blockchain)?/
<http://www.daowo.org/#what-will-it-be-like-when-we-buy-an-island-on-the-blockchain>
Full info is below, but it is the longest Live Action Role Play we've
run yet. This time we attempt to get behind the values and impacts of
cryptowealth. This excellent article by Naomi Klein
<https://theintercept.com/2018/03/20/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-recovery/>
sets out some of what's at stake.

It's highly unfortunate (for us) that we have a calendar clash with the
/Online En-semble – Entanglement Training/ with Randall, Annie, and
Helen and so many other excellent people as part of the upcoming  Art of
the Networked Practice.
<https://bram.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=df438fe97aa473451e815cd07&id=d81ece23b9&e=aa810bf3d7>Hope
it goes well and look forward to hearing tales, and seeing documentation
of all that transpires.

Bests
Ruth

View e-mail in browser
<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/1/OSNlcIudoYZoE7e8OSF6Lg/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL2Npdmljcm0vbWFpbGluZy92aWV3P3Jlc2V0PTEmaWQ9MjAx>

<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/2/YGdjbF2B4iPSL32ZF1dS2w/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTEwJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>

  What Will It Be Like When We Buy An Island
  (on the blockchain)?
  <http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/3/6UMi10Rp_7EdywETYwk6rw/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTEwJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>

<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/4/siifLQTyWyZk0_hQgn-Z6g/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTEwJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>

*Thursday 29 March 2018, 1.30pm - 5.30pm (Book here
<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/5/e_Q1ymv3EuBoYZ5Qa04cuQ/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTExJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>)
Goethe-Institut London*

We invite you to join us for the fifth event in the Daowo blockchain
laboratory and debate series for reinventing the arts.

In previous workshops we have explored developments in the arts
ecosystem, impacts on identity, and the complex considerations around
"doing good" on the blockchain.

In this Live Action Role Play we embody the values and beliefs of a cast
of crypto billionaires to establish infrastructure, communities and
culture on four islands, made attractive by their swooning palm trees,
sandy beaches and lack of governmental constraints or tax laws.

We join our four islands at pivotal stages in their historic progress.
Fabricating the evolution of their communities from real-world events,
tendencies and possibilities we will endeavour to establish autonomous
worlds whose governance systems and infrastructures give full expression
to our shared dreams and nightmares.

We set out with four communities to their islands with just hopes and
dreams. After a year, their problem solving mettle has been tested by
unexpected pressures and challenges. Each participant in the LARP takes
a position on the ‘board’, established to resolve problems, conflicts
and issues encountered by the crypto-islanders. We next join them at the
celebration of the 50th year anniversary of the island’s founding to
discover what kind of equilibrium has been reached and how has the
island treated them.

Finally future theologists explore the significance of the four 2000
year old ‘White Papers’ recently retrieved from the museum vaults. What
can they tell us about the genesis stories of the islands and exactly
what has happened to those societies?
This workshop is devised by artist Ed Fornieles with Ben Vickers and
Ruth Catlow.

More info here
<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/6/zZwHiwqc0j2ZfZkWJrh-Eg/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTEwJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>

*Background to the DAOWO workshops*

This programme is devised by Ruth Catlow (Furtherfield) and Ben Vickers
(Serpentine Galleries and unMonastery) in collaboration with the
Goethe-Institut London, and the State Machines programme. Its title is
inspired by a paper written by artist, hacker and writer Rob Myers
called DAOWO - Decentralised Autonomous Organisation With Others
<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/7/m8etsJQ-yOZDGA6bMCBBfQ/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTEyJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>.

<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/8/XV8v95CJ3O1b6WvknT9Amw/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTEzJnFpZD0xOTYyODE>
	<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/9/eTYziMM62Au10j68U2JcOw/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTE0JnFpZD0xOTYyODE> 	<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/10/Ytmxbzh0u10YzcKO7s43gQ/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTE1JnFpZD0xOTYyODE> 	<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/11/Fy04pynq_y-ffuecE1zsxQ/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL3NpdGVzL2FsbC9tb2R1bGVzL2Npdmljcm0vZXh0ZXJuL3VybC5waHA_dT0xNTE2JnFpZD0xOTYyODE>

This project has been funded with the support from the European
Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author,
and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be
made of the information contained therein.

Unsubscribe
<http://nqxr.mjt.lu/lnk/AMQAAAF6jccAAAAAAAAAAAIgQ7UAAAAAoHcAAAAAAAnOXwBaq5jvfEKJURk9SNa0We8YQBM_MQAJScc/12/JsC_9No7qplf9XqWbdN-sQ/aHR0cDovL2NybS5mdXJ0aGVyZmllbGQub3JnL2Npdmljcm0vbWFpbGluZy9vcHRvdXQ_cmVzZXQ9MSZqaWQ9MTA0NSZxaWQ9MTk2MjgxJmg9ZmQ3NTg5YmRjMTMyNjFkMQ>

McKenzie Pavilion
Finsbury Park
London, N4 2NQ