[NetBehaviour] Fwd: Research Assistant, Centre for Postdigital Cultures, Coventry University

Edward Picot julian.lesaux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:15:40 CEST 2018

  Research Assistant

      *Coventry University* - Faculty of Arts and Humanities - The
      Centre for Postdigital Cultures

Location: 	Coventry
Salary: 	£25,735 to £34,531 per annum
Hours: 	Full Time
Contract Type: 	Permanent

Placed on: 	22nd March 2018
Closes: 	22nd April 2018
Job Ref: 	REQ005894

The Centre for Postdigital Cultures (CPC) is a major new initiative that
builds on the strong and distinctive track record of scholars at the
university encompassing a range of disciplines in the arts and
humanities. This is the chance for you to join the CPC team at the
beginning of its journey and to play a significant role in the
development of impactful research activity within the emerging field of
postdigital cultures.

Established in 2017, the Centre for Postdigital Cultures is a new
Research Centre, located in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at
Coventry University.  Led by Prof. Gary Hall, the Centre explores how
innovations in postdigital cultures can enable 21st century society
respond to the challenges it faces at a global, national and local level.

- how we receive, consume and process information

- how we learn, work, and travel

- how we engage and regenerate our communities **

*What Do We Mean By Postdigital Cultures?*

"The digital" can no longer be understood as a separate domain of media
and culture.  If we actually examine the digital - rather than taking it
for granted we already know what it means - we see that today digital
information processing is present in every aspect of our lives. This
includes our global communication, entertainment, education, energy,
banking, health, transport, manufacturing, food, and water-supply
systems. Attention therefore needs to turn from "the digital", to the
various overlapping processes and infrastructures that shape and
organise the digital, and that the digital helps to shape and organise
in turn.

*/T/**/he CPC investigates such enmeshed digital models of culture,
society, and the creative economy for the 21^st century"postdigital"
world./*

Research Areas covered by the Centre include:

- Creative Archiving and International Heritage

- Digital Arts and Humanities

- Post-humanities

- Affirmative Disruption and Open Media

- The 21st Century University and Art School

- Post-Capitalist Economies

The role of Research Assistant is to assist with all aspects of the
Research Centre and typically includes a range of duties and
responsibilities depending on the requirements of the post:

- Assist with and contribute to research and consultancy activity under
the line management, supervision and guidance of senior managers in the CPC

- Undertake own small projects, assisting with international research
and submission of funding bids, with support from line manager and the
support of the research centre in general

- Support the communication of outputs of research activity. This is
likely to include: producing statistical and other analyses, reports and
publications, preparing and contributing to presentations, videos,
workshops, seminars and local/national peer-reviewed conferences,
preparing papers for steering groups and other bodies

- Assisting with papers and posters for peer reviewed submission

- Produce summary reports to stakeholders and funders (with guidance).

*Closing date: 22^nd April 2018*