[NetBehaviour] Otherwriting.online

bjørn magnhildøen noemata at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 21:28:01 CEST 2018

Thanks, Edward, and i think you get the gist of it.

there's a secret key '!' :) which gives you a numeric indication where you
are in the flow, as the character of the output changes throughout the
session. the script has some programmed 'stages' until 15000 (correlated to
keyboard input).
at first you're just kind of swimming in random foam, but there's some
dramatic structure, say, life of the sign or something - born as nonsense,
gradually being filled with meaning through recursive interaction, becoming
overloaded, ending in a heat death where its full-of-meaning isn't
distinguishable from nonsense. it somehow reflects a paradox that not only
is there an overwhelming probability that the entropy of a physical system
will be higher in what we call the future, but there's the same
overwhelming probability that it was higher in the past. if a system
doesn't already have the maximal possible entropy, then it both will have
and had previously more entropy. the problem here is with physical laws as
time-symmetrical, the inability to single out the present, the
phenomenological 'now'. but that's were we come in, finding ourselves
typing in the flow.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 8:30 PM, Edward Picot via NetBehaviour <