[NetBehaviour] broken thought / tests

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Sat Nov 3 18:16:39 CET 2018

Earlier today I was reading your confessions, Alan, that you take responsibility, and that you are worried about how to live and how
to work and how one relates to the other; i found your 'broken thoughts' and comments on aphorisms very moving, and
so wanted to respond briefly, as you are, surely, too modest in thinking that your " little videos and writings are seen by no one";
on the contrary they are listened to and read by many and so i imagine, never mind all some of the forgotten aphorisms, that all the
aphorisms are or might also be pollen.

The german word, as Novalis used it, sounds a little brighter - "Blüthenstaub" -   it is lighter, it flies better.

and so i imagine us, perhaps not tersely but joyfully, teasing out ideas continuously, performing in our work-lives, performing to all the trompes l'ouil
around us, becoming matter resonating with the surroundings.

And audiences and our peers observe, perhaps, our lovely transcontinental dance, you as Clov, over there in New Jersey/Rhode Island with your instrument and the markers, and me as blind Hamm, over here in the british island, in a double bill, with Gogo and Didi, en attendant Godot où le dieu du carnage....

And as I sing the old chanson, "Hier encore," in my other role as Pozzo (Lucky, performed by Russian actor Arseni Loika, is holding me tightly by the rope but he is in the darker side of the stage, not visible, whereas you can see Alia-Andreea Al-Shabibi as Didi right behind me, swinging her wooden sword at my head),
the moon had just been eclipsed, but comes back.

with regards
Johannes Birringer