[NetBehaviour] The Doubters' Mysteries: Adam and Eve

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Tue Oct 2 14:31:17 CEST 2018

It's extraordinary -  as if perhaps narrated by Tony Hancock. This stream of bickering and trivia and then all of a sudden illuminated by something like this, ' Up until now everything you have seen has been simple and straightforward. But I can teach you the beauty of trickery, deviousness, things that double back on themselves, things that are concealed, things that are not quite as they seem',  which is very beautiful indeed and the more so for your dogged refusal to elevate, to please us, with what surrounds it.
Illuminated, too, by the darkness we know to be at the heart of the story ( and I'm not sure one could come to your version without a reasonable degree of familiarity with the original...) hovering just out of reach, just suggested in the helpless puzzlement of the couple ( as if they are skipping without a care at the edge of a hidden precipice)Michael