[NetBehaviour] 'Dora Maar on the Stansted Express' & other London paintings

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Tue Sep 11 15:00:43 CEST 2018

Dora Maar on the Stansted Express:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/szpako/44567074981/

and here's a whole sequence of related London paintings:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/szpako/albums/72157691966059491

I feel quite strongly, without being able to put my finger on exactly why, that these wouldn't exist in the form they do without my long experience working with and on the network...something about the serial perhaps, something about grabbing image quotes and also a methodology where, like sourdough, virtually every painting starts by what is left on my palette from the previous work being daubed quickly onto a new 20X25 cm. canvas/board and being left to ferment in my imagination until a new piece starts to emerge...
cheers!michael