[NetBehaviour] motion capture notes from the past fifteen years

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Sep 20 04:39:06 CEST 2018

motion capture notes from the past fifteen years

http://www.alansondheim.org/mc.jpg

it has been a difficult few days in the virtual environments
laboratory.  we moved most of the motion capture equipment to
109 to use, but couldn't locate the bvh computer (which receives
signals from an old 486 used with proprietary hardware). the
explanations written by the interns were missing as well. we
knew the bvh machine had to be around. we found an old dell and
gary put windows 2000 on that, getting the key from another
machine. we put bvh software on the old dell, but the signals
from the 486, which, it turned out, had to go through a router
since we had no crossover connectors, were crashing it. so we
were back to square one. i figured if i could locate a photo of
the old bvh computer we'd used years ago, we might be able to
use it to match with one of the bunches of similar units in
302c. i looked through archive after archive, until i located
it; the image was slightly blurred, but the layout of the
masking tape label (unreadable in the image) on top of the
machine allowed us to narrow possible candidates to two. we
found we couldn't get into either without passwords. i
discovered a scrap of paper in a corner of the room, 302c, with
a password on it; it worked. so now we set them both up and one
of them, which had been used as a projector connection to a
virtual wall, was it.  we brought the machine down to 109 and it
almost ran; at least the software didn't crash. i found changing
the antenna parameters for the motion capture and moving from
ascii to binary and from tcp to udp did the trick.  gary set up
the 5100 port and addresses and we produced slomo.bvh as he
moved the sensors slowly around; i wanted to duplicate the speed
of the 5-7 frames per second output of the 486, instead of
working high-speed as i usually do. we brought the bvh file to
poser on a compaq laptop which for some reason is now
permanently misconfigured but usable; the result is if you
ignore the hand fluttering, the movement is closer to what we
need to work with at the moment. as far as the hand-fluttering
is concerned, we're going to internally turn off the hand
sensors by modifying the capture program, written in c, but with
clear documentation; even a non-programmer like myself can get
into it a bit. now to slow things down further so the
inconceivable happens at the speed of amoeba-learning; in
addition, to transform avatar into deity-emanent, following,
introjecting yamantaka or one or another manifestation, moving
mind and sheave-body into other realms far beyond 486, 2000,
109, 302c, 5-7, until what ever may appear in the future brought
quickly back to earth.

What is it that motion capture captures? What is snared, what
abandoned? motion capture equipment, the body resymmetrized,
dissolved, divided, the changed the motion capture equipment, so
it would take, say, someone edge phenomena within the motion
capture software, poser, blender, motion capture equipment at
Columbia College, Chicago; here, we didn't the VEL that I began
to work seriously with motion capture, remapping the Show avatar
materials, talk about motion capture, behavior files. we moved
most of the motion capture equipment to 109 to use, but couldn't
The _motion capture_ permits the internal tearing, torsion,
tension, made with motion capture, Poser, Mocap, Quicktime. with
motion capture (altering it), virtual worlds, and revrev, I've
used motion capture as a way of creating images, 3d printed
motion capture, Audacity, Cooledit, perl and awk programs,
Calculon and scattershot. I work with laser scan, motion
capture, dancers, mappings and animations made altered motion
capture equipment, order create some of these things up with
motion capture, and then... Anyway, this book motion capture
movements from an avatar body, and re-presenting I. motion
capture on motion capture, avatars, online experience, and
language. A must! emotions and life, motion capture catching the
catastrophe. Speak when Environments Laboratory, Scoy; logical
function Lacan. motion capture motion capture (mocap) equipment
that used 21 sensors electromagnetically has involved motion
capture bvh files created for Poser; background is life; when a
participant wears a motion capture harness, a number of avatars
then through motion capture and Poser. We created a number of I
use motion capture in a variety of ways, emphasizing a poetics
of just like abugharayb. motion capture equipment was piled in a
heap onthe West Virginia motion capture Azure, West Virginia
motion capture motion capture transformations: viola mocap body
how life motion capture catching the cata hall prevent cata
trophe depend following motion capture equipment, produced
recent residency Now in finalgame, three doubled motion capture
files (each produced by two motion capture - the filter
modifies, for example subtended node angles, performers. But the
motion capture sensors are re-arranged to create this range
through modified motion capture. worked with some older motion
capture equipment, which we applied in two each repeat was sent
through motion capture into a filter designed by Gary motion
capture the past fifteen or so. developed notion of this was
created with motion capture equipment that was remapped on and
scan, motion capture - work either at the limit, or smeared from
the this image, s/he is animated by a bvh file from the altered
motion capture performance; these are made from altered motion
capture has been pioneering, using software- and
hardware-altered motion capture he continues to work with motion
capture files created at Columbia culmination certain directions
associated motion capture substitution ciphers for motion
capture files retranslated into figural is material distorted
motion capture employed virtual worlds; motion capture and
Poser. We created a number of avatars would form the work I've
done with motion capture equipment, performers, and Second Life.
or cannot do; I used motion capture equipment to record and
modify the data drawn from motion capture systems to map and
drive animations, Teledildonics and motion capture rehearsal
filming (this could motion capture equipment second life beneath
motion capture work I've done, edgespace references the or
analog, about for example a theoretical motion capture device
with a dancer moving through motion capture equipment cosmic
dance and bodies created for poser; background figures are
exhausted, the motion capture the figures are exhausted, the
motion capture The motion capture software has been modified;
the 'extended' video Now I use bvh - Bio Vision Hierarchy -
files - to store the motion capture motion, emotions and life
motion capture catching the catastrophe. speak videos.html
wall.html +---photos +---moi Azure working the motion capture
(altered) motion capture equipment - I need to work on the
'edges' of output of motion capture - the filter modifies, for
example subtended node with modified motion capture files that
would allow me to represent motion capture software and hardware
mappings. I can explore some of the work using motion capture
equipment and AR. There are also some In divas, three to four
motion capture files are simultaneously graphed motion capture,
I've worked with altered software and mapping, modified motion
capture equipment. The motion capture software has been 200/0s,
filtered and rewritten motion capture software imitated and with
motion capture equipment in the real world. motion capture
choreography studies Movements are drawn from reprogrammed
motion capture equipment. Planetary1 Kira Sedlock within Gary
Manes' altered motion capture system operated Distorted motion
capture files manipulate There is material from distorted motion
capture employed in files. west virginia motion capture has
involved motion capture .bvh files We recorded, through a
rewriting of the motion capture software itself, behavior - the
x/n applied to the output of motion capture - the they do dance
the dance anywya this is also from motion capture and maybe
environments laboratory logical lacan motion capture 'avatar'
seriously Various motion capture works, 2004-2006 a motion
capture setup (perhaps at an institution?), please contact me;
the motion capture software was rewritten to create other
possibilities own skein, represented by markers situated at the
nodes of motion capture prisoners of motion capture, prisoners
of west virginia motion capture equipment 15:48:08 images laser
scanning attempting escape the most part, constructed from
motion capture equipment using life human codecs, source,i've
motion capture way creating images, printed motion capture with
body divided: short dance motion capture sequences in
combination with walk/fly modes someone was there making the
original files with motion capture, I. motion capture: this
conjures up external behavioral characteristics sional behavior
with motion capture software, the visual results vary Blender,
Gimp, Poser, motion capture, Audacity, Cooledit, perl and awk
from behavioral transformations mapped from motion capture There
are avatars that are constructed from motion capture those guys
they do dance the dance anywya this is also from motion capture
motion capture equipment 15:48:08 and images from laser scanning
produced by altered motion capture equipment. A human performer,
wearing I started to work with mocap - motion capture - in West
Virginia motion capture filed performance in Second Life 4-four
catastrophe machine in motion capture In this regard my motion
capture work is not an exercise in topology or motion capture
equipment on one hand of motion capture and virtuality, as well
as the application of equations motion capture combination
issues, especially the phenomenology of the virtual, motion
capture, the remnan You: recognizing laser scan, motion capture,
dancers, scattered work with laser scan, motion capture,
dancers, Columbia College, Chicago, motion capture studio for
live performance; these are made from altered motion capture
equipment avatars. the animation files come from altered motion
capture files. these came from transformed/dispersed motion
capture sessions result avatar-work led 15:47:47 constructed
motion capture equipment Distorted motion capture work. avatars
and motion capture equipment The Poser mannequin modeling
program, where the motion capture files catastrophic jumps
visible in the motion capture videos. With motion capture,
behavior is frozen. You can use motion capture in and this is
getting the hell out of the way of motion capture mapping -
that's using motion capture and that's the The Wolf piece -
that's using motion capture and this is a model of a dancer
moving through motion capture equipment a vast array of
experimental work done with motion capture equipment; Virtual
Environments Laboratory, and deal with motion capture, virtual
virtual motion capture - part, constructed from motion capture
equipment with one or another of the bvh files taken from motion
capture. It's do dance the dance anywya this is also from motion
capture stuff are created either within Second Life or from
motion capture equipment overdrive spilled beyond capacity. You
are in motion capture, motion dimensional modeling; the old 486
machine takes motion capture sensor Baldwin and Frances van Scoy
at WVU. This motion capture work What is it that motion capture
captures? last of the avatar with the white thing modulated by
motion capture, I motion capture studio in Brooklyn. access to),
motion capture equipment (ditto), etc. Anything to extend the
they're not married to motion capture, they don't return to the
flesh Endproducts - the altered motion capture files were fed
into three worlds: motion capture equipment. Almost all
professional current mocap uses nodes motion capture: this
conjures up external behavioral motion capture - in particular,
operating too near and too far from the When I was at WVU, we
reworked the software for the older motion capture motion
capture equipement - modified - they're no longer coherent -
across vibration, vlf radio, scan, motion capture - work either
at the 18/4 sensors motion capture: _the language returns from
the other side_ - from rewritten motion capture software, but
that's another story) into temporal mapping with motion capture
and 3d laser scanners, Buddhist constructed motion capture
equipment 15:48:08 images laser scanning check open under mocap
(for motion capture) go browser youshould want virtual worlds
and motion capture for the past fifteen or so. I through motion
capture through Poser into Blender (and/or directly into out of
the way of motion capture mapping thank you for the mocap The
pre-recorded materials were produced at NYU's motion capture
pre-recorded materials, texts. materials nyu's motion capture
and worked with their motion capture equipment, edited DVDs with
Foofwa, by what? By the very nature of digital motion capture,
which as in all with altered motion capture equipment, as well
as work produced trilby everglades cds et3 miami voyage baal
asteroids motion capture capture added to accessory; the motion
capture file crash-lands against the motion capture catches the
catastrophe motion capture, analog images, 'peelings' ruptures
written increased, discovery - in other words, I use motion
capture for things beyond the motion capture, dancers, mappings
style aw_newsiva2explo2.l3d there making the original files with
motion capture, and someone is at the the uncanny of the body.
Watching the motion capture figures is a watching restructured
motion capture behaviors using mannequins circulating among
standard; in motion capture, the dynamic object. Think perhaps
of the motion capture processing; these parallel graphic filters
in image-proc- participant wears a motion capture harness, a
number of sensors are aligned a. by remapping motion capture
nodes across the body. texts related to motion capture and other
'avatar' issues. It was through motion capture almost entirely
with two people, so that the resulting least. they were part and
parcel of motion capture experiments: what if a The Wolf piece -
that's using motion capture and feeding it into Poser,
relationships, and motion capture models permit extensions and
my partner exploding with the motion capture equipment going
into decathection well the dancer was using motion capture
equipment and was input from motion capture equipment which is
used to distort bodies, using they're still from motion capture
manipulation - they just came out The following is a culmination
of certain directions associated with motion capture - in
particular, operating too near and too far from the receiving
antenna, with mixed sensors. In both positions, the
configuration generates furious behavior as clusters of sensors
shoot to ragged infinities and back again. Heads may detach and
the cartoon integrity returns as such. The reading, however, is
different, as is the -jectivity; the reading is external,
jectivity internal. The reading searches for coherency: which
body belongs with which organ? -Jectivity follows organ, head,
and limb paths, identification with approaching, consummating,
withdrawing, churning. This is Brownian motion, but radically
integral.  motion capture equipment which in this case is
attached to the body itself -

---