[NetBehaviour] Occupy Wall Street and rebab

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Sep 21 05:10:58 CEST 2018

Occupy Wall Street and rebab

http://www.alansondheim.org/urban31.jpg occupy wallstreet
http://www.alansondheim.org/reb.mp3

while at Eyebeam, down to Occupy and back, some night camera

rebab, rubab, should be played with a pick, not fingernails
but my wrist movement never developed in that fashion, madame
i never had that kind of flatpick control, sir
i was always clumsy and my body was too far from the strings,
mister
i reverted constantly to my fingers and nails, madam
i worked on developing new techniques of speed and finger
control, your highness
these are the bitter brilliant results, your majesty
i beg both of you to recognize the problems with the drum circle
i beg all three of you to listen to speech
and all four of you to the sound of manual labor, the touching
of strings with the nails at the ends of the fingers
and to occupy no longer temporary zones of freedom, but the
halls of power themselves
madame and sir