[NetBehaviour] Links - Anyone members of coops?

Julian Brooks lists at julianbrooks.net
Mon Apr 29 11:39:52 CEST 2019

Hey Ruth,

Yeah I also found that article of interest too.
Insight from VC's, who'd a thunk it.

I've been digging into Coops for the last couple of years. For me stems
from a visceral reaction to DAO's & 'Code as Law'. I just immediately
thought it'd be better to consider them more human-centric - with DAO's
being such a potential for collectivising power.

So started putting this kinda mental construct together 'Cooperative
Autonomous Organisations', a sort of 'DAO, Coop, Mutual, Union' - type
structure. This was to house the participants in the music licensing /
smart contracts / IP-reinvention post-doc project that I have been
attempting to raise research funding for (unsuccessfully so far).

I always thought the CoAO would be the trickiest part to put together,
and was actually planning to work in this during years 3-5 in a 5yr
project. After getting rejected for funding last October (working w.
UoMcr proposing to AHRC) I started exploring and getting involved with
the 'Aragon Project' community (cool people with some astonishing [&
really-existing] crypto tech-tools).

A small Aragon group started seriously considering and engaging in what
a Cooperative DAO could be in practice. To this end I put togehter a
small funding proposal that was voted though by $ANT holders (the Aragon
token) a couple of days ago (whoop whoop!). So there'll be two of us
working a couple of days a week each, with additional funds for CoopDAO
members to also propose paid work a day p.w. to formulate and put into
practice what this org can actually be.

Quite excited:)

https://twitter.com/AragonProject/status/1122172288462356484

https://forum.aragon.org/t/agp-40-discussion-aragon-cooperative-dao-funding-proposal/783/12

Totally agree Coops are definitely 'a thing' atm. For me, this is a very
good thing. Also fascinating that (Ethereum mainly?) crypto is very much
engaging in this too.

I don't know where this is all going, perhaps this is what I like most.

J.