[NetBehaviour] The Doubter's Mysteries - the Resurrection of Jesus

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 23:05:19 CEST 2019

Hi, just 'got' to this, it reminds me of the tv show Good Omens. Like the
play, I've never gotten with the 'Son of God' in any form, why not Children
of God, let it go at that? I don't think J. made any such claims himself,
everything was the craziness years later. Meanwhile on the darker side of
things I keep thinking also of Mel Gibson's passion film - which is
anti-semitic, ugly. The New T. reminds me of something sutured, confimed;
the Old T. is all over the place, contradictory, a collocation of texts
from everywhere. The New is kinder. For me the Old is more interesting
because more alien on one hand, then thanks to trump etc., all too
familiar. I've often wondered where the resurrection came from, the cave,
rising from the dead, etc. etc. - very strange. And then why Joseph's sperm
set aside? And Joseph? All this melds uncomfortably for me because of its
current ramifications in the U.S. People hold onto their beliefs w/ their
teeth bared - look at Kashmir now ... Anyway, thank you! These are some of
the thoughts that came to mind, roiling out and confused of course - your
text here is great - the weaving of the strands of memory and future-text,
already the hardening of positions. Mary M. is by far the most interesting
of anyone - forget which gospel - her sexual relationship w/ Jesus - looked
it up - Gospel of Philip - etc. - from my viewpoint, at least they're human
-

Best, Alan

On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Edward Picot via NetBehaviour <

gmail.com <http://gmail.com>*