[NetBehaviour] Links

Simon Mclennan mclennanfilm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:07:51 CET 2019

Indeed Michael all things are a product of this world. And as such are inevitable.
Hierarchies therein generate processes and inevitable outcomes.
So yes, there’s great swathes of stuff to sort through. Made via machines.
I find that type of ultra commercial music dull to listen to - people can do cultural studies sure, of these forms. Look good in the old ica bookshop. But there is so much good music and art.
I guess if one can shine a light on political or philosophical or moral questions, relevances then good on you.
I prefer to actually make music and art. Not talk about bad pop Muzak myself.
Ha ha guess I always put my foot in it.
The carbuncle of the chattering classes.
What’s different about Grimes then? AI in music is it changing people?- of course it reflects back into people’s values etc.
Corporate pop has been around a few decades no?
Techno and beats. Beats forever.
Forever beatific eh Alan.
Alan on the path looked up at me
Me on the fence
Singing him a song
Alan agreed with me
About animal exploitation
In the Prometheus show
In the toilet on the park
In London
We were together
With the bacteria teeth
And the little statuettes
Of bodies clinging
I singed at Alan
Then we talked a bit
He went to America again
I never saw him since
But seen his jangling and fast runs on the saz
And we discussed improv
He done it twenty years longer than me
Cos he is about 18 years my senior
And writes a lot