[NetBehaviour] Fwd: Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'

Paul Hertz ignotus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 00:43:14 CET 2019

In Chicago, we've been wondering where the lightning bugs have gone. When I
was a child in Ohio in the 1950s we used to drive out into the country to
see clouds of them lifting off the fields as the last glimmers of the
summer sun faded. When we moved to Chicago 30 years ago our son caught them
in the backyard, in the middle of the city. I don't know if my
granddaughters will grow up chasing after them, there seem to be so few
that come out now.

-- Paul

http://paulhertz.net/