[NetBehaviour] Fwd: Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'

Mez Breeze netwurker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:56:23 CET 2019

Terrible news. Just one of the reasons why these days I live a life devoted
in equal parts to permaculture and creativity: the permaculture setup here
is specifically for insect/bird/reptile populations as much as its a
functional setup for human food production. It requires no pesticides or
herbicides, and crops grown here are selected in part for their bee and
pollinator appeal [rosemary, sage, borage, oregano, big variety of vegies,
have water gardens to hydrate insects that have avenues for escape if
insects fall in the water, 5 bays housing homemade compost helps, a crazy
number of fruit trees, flowers etc]. And although I do live rurally, I'm
also 2 blocks away from the main street of town, so it's doable anywhere.

If anyone on this list wants advice, tips, or any other help or info
related to getting started developing an insect-friendly garden [can be as
small as a balcony garden], let me know. I'm more than happy to help on
topics ranging from soil health and maintenance [where it all starts] to
plant selection/water use/conservation etc.

With Warmth,
Mez

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM Paul Hertz via NetBehaviour <