[NetBehaviour] ASU-Leonardo search: Executive Director/Professor of Practice
dsiembieda at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:25:12 CET 2019
Apologies in advance for cross-posting. Please share with your networks.
ASU-Leonardo search: Executive Director/Professor of Practice
Job link - https://www.leonardo.info/isast-asu-executive-director-job
Arizona State University and the Institute for Studies in the Arts, Sciences, and Technology (ISAST)/Leonardo seek a dynamic leader to take the helm of a new partnership between the two organizations. The Executive Director position will carry an appointment as a Professor of Practice in the School for the Future of Innovation in Society and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts. The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Leonardo/International Society for the Arts, Sciences and Technology (Leonardo/ISAST, an independent 501c3 corporation registered in California). The Executive Director reports to the ASU-led Personnel Committee of the ISAST Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University (http://newamericanuniversity.asu.edu/) is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real-world application, blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
About the School for the Future of Innovation in Society
Among the newest elements of ASU’s approach to building a New American University, the School for the Future of Innovation in Society (SFIS;sfis.asu.edu<http://sfis.asu.edu/>) provides robust opportunities for intellectual fusion, use-inspired research, and global engagement via ongoing projects and centers. SFIS hosts a comprehensive set of graduate and undergraduate degrees and certificates. Collaborative opportunities will exist with the Consortium for Science, Policy and Outcomes (CSPO; www.cspo.org<http://www.cspo.org/>) - consistently ranked one of the top science and technology policy think tanks in the world – and the emerging Institute for the Future of Innovation in Society.
About the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts
ASU’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, the largest comprehensive design and arts school in the nation, is a vibrant example of the of the New American University philosophy. With nearly 5,000 students, more than 400 faculty and faculty associates, 135 degree options and a tradition of top-ranked programs, the Herberger Institute is built on a combination of disciplines unlike any other program in the nation. The institute includes the School of Art, School of Arts, Media and Engineering, The Design School, School of Film, Dance and Theatre, School of Music, and the ASU Art Museum. Through recognizing that design and the arts are critical resources for transforming society and solving complex problems, ASU’s Herberger Institute is committed to positioning artists, scholars, designers, and educators at the center of public life. For more information on the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, visit herbergerinstitute.asu.edu<https://herbergerinstitute.asu.edu/>.
About Leonardo/The International Society for Arts, Sciences and Technology
Leonardo/The International Society for Arts, Sciences and Technology (Leonardo/ISAST) is a 501c3 nonprofit that serves a global network of distinguished scholars, artists, scientists, researchers and thinkers through our programs focused on interdisciplinary innovation in the arts, sciences and technology. From our beginnings in 1968, we have served as THE virtual community for purposes of networking, resource-sharing, best practices, research, documentation and events in art, science and technology. More at Leonardo.info
* Create synergy between Leonardo and ASU in art/science activities to achieve global leadership and recognized brand for the two entities.
* Enterprise/business development, including enhancing earned revenue and fundraising through corporate sponsors, grants and large donor contributions.
* Lead a community-engaged enterprise design process, manage institutional change in reflection of that process.
* Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
* Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers; maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
* Oversee Oakland office management and business requirements, execution of all contracts with ISAST including MIT Press.
* Jointly, with the chairman and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
* Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines and in accordance with sound financial practices and with the consent and oversight of the Leonardo/ISAST board of directors.
* Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and with the consent and oversight of the Leonardo/ISAST board of directors.
* Liaison with ISAST board, ex-officio member; see that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
* Terminal degree; or Bachelor’s degree and exceptional professional experience.
* Demonstrated ability to mediate between the interests of academic and public constituents, and operational staff.
* Demonstrated understanding of transdisciplinary, collaborative research and practice.
* Demonstrated success in grant-seeking, fundraising and/or corporate/foundation relations.
* Understanding of culture of transdisciplinary practice (i.e. intersection of arts, sciences and technology).
* Demonstrated ability to work with agile, distributed teams.
* Experience in or demonstrated potential for innovation in next generation publishing and knowledge dissemination.
* Experience in and with advanced technology for communication and/or visualization.
* Experience in venture development and scaling of business/enterprise.
* Experience in managing transmedia enterprises with international markets and scale.
* Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with international constituencies, with a particular focus on Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
* Understanding of current academic publishing industry.
Instructions to Apply:
To apply, please submit: 1) a detailed cover letter that includes a description of the applicant's administrative experience and research and teaching interests (limited to 4 pages); 2) a current Curriculum Vitae; and 3) the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references. All materials should be submitted as a single PDF document to sfis at asu.edu<mailto:sfis at asu.edu>. Review of applications will begin Friday March 8, 2019 and, if not filled, a review will occur every Friday thereafter until the search is closed. ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses and certifications.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to excellence through diversity (see ASU’s Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation policy at http://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html). All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law (see ASU’s Title IX policy at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/). Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NetBehaviour