[NetBehaviour] The Doubter's Mysteries: The Trial of Jesus

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 22:13:09 CEST 2019

Hi Edward,
I like the idea of "John the Dunker" rather than the Submerger. It ties in
also of course with witchcraft trials, at least in the U.S.
The original Mystery Plays always make me uneasy - I keep thinking of
adjunct stories like Chaucer's Little Hugh of Lincoln and the damage they
did, not to mention current sectarian violence around the world.
And I felt a bit uneasy with this story, of course told ultimately by the
victors; as far as I know, Josephus doesn't mention it, so there's a blank
slate, something missing, etc.
Why did you leave 'Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.' and some
other passages in the language of the King James? Just curious.
Great series, this one making me uncomfortable!
Best, Alan

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 12:42 PM Edward Picot via NetBehaviour <

gmail.com <http://gmail.com>*