[NetBehaviour] elegy for the disappearance of exactitude

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Jul 25 02:13:25 CEST 2019

elegy for the disappearance of exactitude

http://www.alansondheim.org/measure.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/rainelegy.mp3

the ruler, devil may care, measures what have you with cropping,
what have you with sizing, what have you wanted with any among.
the blurred loss of exactitude emotionally, empathetically
measured by the sadness of the violin for the irregularity of
raindrops, one after another, among the sonorous tears of the
instrument itself, playing me playing you, what have you. and
among everything, the fossil of measurement, weeping of the loss
of surety, so much a part of our lives' beliefs. listen and weep,
hold yourself against the measuring and sizing, remember the
numbers - along with the memory of sounds, they are yours alone.