[NetBehaviour] Laura Lotti on Blockchain Affordances

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 19:49:50 CEST 2019

Wonderful thank you!

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:15 PM Martin Zeilinger via NetBehaviour <

> Hi all, a great essay by Laura Lotti, 'The Art of Tokenization: Blockchain
> Affordances and the Invention of Future Milieus,’ has just been published
> on the Media Theory journal website as part of a co-edited special issue
> (‘Rethinking Affordance’) that Ashley Scarlett and I have been working on
> for some time now.
>
> The essay is a blockchain art+religion / tokenisation / affordance theory
> / Simondon tour de force, and I’m sure will be of interest to some on the
> list.
>
> http://mediatheoryjournal.org/laura-lotti-blockchain-affordances/
>
> Enjoy! (and sorry for cross-posting)
> Martin

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.