[NetBehaviour] Very Large Works exhibition opening

Max Herman maxnmherman at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 1 20:39:03 CET 2019

Thanks for sending this Bjorn!  Looking forward to seeing how the event evolves.

I've been reflecting on the below quote from Lee Smolin about physics and quantum theory lately. I wonder if it might relate to art and other fields as well?

"The relational revolution is already far along.  At the same time, it is clearly in crisis.  On some fronts, it's stuck.  Wherever it is in crisis, we find three kinds of questions under hot debate.  What is an individual?  How do novel kinds of systems and entities emerge?  How are we to usefully understand the universe as a whole?
The key to these puzzles is that neither individuals, systems, nor the universe as a whole can be thought of as things that simply are.  They are all compounded by processes that take place in time.  The missing element, without which we cannot answer these questions, is to see them as processes developing in time.  I will argue that to succeed, the relational revolution must embrace the notion of time and the present moment as a fundamental aspect of reality."

Time Reborn, p. xxix