[NetBehaviour] Darker Music

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Nov 6 12:39:52 CET 2019

Darker Music

http://www.alansondheim.org/violaline.jpg interpretation
http://www.alansondheim.org/violaline1.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/violaline2.mp3

The instrument is a 1900 violaline restrung with traditional
ukulele strings and tuning. It is meant to use mandolin strings
and tuning, but it's old and wouldn't take the tension. I have
traded back and forth for it, but recently since I've been
practicing on ukulele (for Europe), the violaline seems a
natural choice. It's known for its softness and viol-like tone.
Today I went into a dark thicket that resonates with the music.
The sound and image go well together. Mine is similar to
https://www.europeana.eu/portal/en/record/09102/_CM_0851425.html
with a replaced bridge and tailpiece, and the head is non-slotted.