[NetBehaviour] UpStage at the Wrong Biennial, and other news

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Thu Nov 14 17:23:49 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

UpStage is delighted to have been selected by curator and digital artist
Maja Kalogera for inclusion in "it does not matter, I will eat it cold!
<https://itdoesnotmatteriwilleatitcold.tumblr.com/about>", the pavillion
she has curated for the Wrong Biennial. Kalogera reflects on the early
days of the internet, comparing it to kids playing at the beach and not
wanting to come in for lunch. The artworks will be shown in Art 836 G
Gallery, Zagreb, as an embassy of The Wrong from 1-15 December, as well
as being part of The Wrong Biennial online from 1 November 2019 to 1
March 2020. Read more here: https://upstage.org.nz/?p=8253

In September, Christina Papagiannouli presented "Waiting for Brexit
<https://upstage.org.nz/?event=waiting-for-brexit-by-the-etheatre-project>"
at TaPRa 2019, Exeter University, and in January Helen Varley Jamieson
will present UpStage in a talk at Stuttgart Filmwinter
<https://filmwinter.de/>.

If you've been to the UpStage website <https://upstage.org.nz/> lately
you will have noticed a few changes - thanks to Eisa Godoy de Castro
Guerra, who has come on board as a designer following our presentation
at the Libre Graphics Meeting in May. She has refreshed our logo, made
many improvements to the website, and is working on interface design for
Limelight.

Speaking of Limelight, which is the complete rebuild to replace our
antique UpStage platform - things are moving along behind the scenes.
Watch this space for more details, and if you're interested in getting
involved, you can contact us and check things out on Github:
https://github.com/upstage-org/limelight

helen : )

--

helen varley jamieson