[NetBehaviour] concise version

Max Herman maxnmherman at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:53:49 CET 2019

+++++

I think you are probably right that it's not sufficient just to put the old ways on trial and find them wanting.

To do this is understandable and necessary, but only "the half of it."  There may need to be "another half" without which the cycles of iteration stall.  The selection of "another half" is consequential.

Rhetorically speaking I would hypothesize: let "The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction" have an equivalency to the first half; and, let "The Work of Art in the Age of Network Reproduction" have an equivalency to the second half.  The second essay, which I started a week ago, is in part an open network essay and in part a question about the Mona Lisa, i.e. whether it is a map and plan of network history in the natural, technological, human, and aesthetic realms.

+++++