[NetBehaviour] Free pdf of Gregory Sholette's 'ART, DEBT, OVERSUPPLY, PANIC!

marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Sat Nov 30 11:50:10 CET 2019

Hi all,

Just noticed the free pdf of Gregory Sholette's 'ART, DEBT, OVERSUPPLY, PANIC!: On the contradictions of a 21st Century Art Education.'

Delirium and Resistance: Activist Art and the Crisis of Capitalism, 2017. Gregory Sholette - https://bit.ly/2OBs2T3

Challenging ideas about class, debt, and labor as set forth by such arts and culture writers as Dave Beech, Ben Davis, Coco Fusco, Kerstin Stakemeier, Marina Vishmidt and Hans Abbing among others, this essay proposes that "there are exactly as many artists as the system requires for reproducing itself." It was written for the book Delirium and Resistance: Activist Art and the Crisis of Capitalism (Pluto Press 2017).

I have this already in book format and recommend it. It's on Academia.edu, which I know some of you are not keen on. And yes, the better place for it to be would be either https://monoskop.org which I did check, however, it is not there. But, there are some other excellent texts of his, mainly collaborative, which I am sure are equally worth a read.

The other place I tend to visit for free PDF book publications is here, https://library.memoryoftheworld.org - I couldn't find Scholette's book there, but, there are plenty of Donna Haraway's ;-) https://library.memoryoftheworld.org/#/search/authors/Donna%20Haraway