[NetBehaviour] conquest of the countryside

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Oct 7 09:41:25 CEST 2019

conquest of the countryside

the same same

http://www.alansondheim.org/lon11.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/lon1.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/lon2.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/lon6.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/lon10.jpg

it leaves me breathless, worn with jetlag and the
neoliberal landscapes of one and another conquest
and the breathing plane and its ribald exhaustion
its exhaustion of carnival and debris
its exhaustion of banking, flipping, bartered and divided lands

the lands were always divided, the corporate ecosystem
waiting in the wings
this could be anywhere usa, aurora colorado, everywhere idaho
on the way, rhode island lending itself to borrowers be

and here as if britain were always subdivisions, henges and fences
who am i to talk, waiting for the plane to plunge
contrails marking the handwriting of the apocalypse

i am waiting to outlast myself, i am waiting to breathe
no breathing in amerikkka, no breathing antarctica
waiting for the last breath aurora colorado
waiting for the first, everglades fertilizer remnants

i have a lie and I can hardly breathe I'm not able to breathe
and have a life here, can hardly breathe I'm not able to
hardly breathe able legs hurting slightly on the move no one with
You say, "I could hardly breathe in the Zone."
You say, "I could hardly breathe in the Zone."
and we're filled with disease, can hardly breathe -

eyes - your foot in my mouth, danger - can hardly breathe - covered
with the cover-up, up, your desire covers him, your desire takes
him, i can hardly breathe, you're riding empty air, you can hardly
breathe, you're riding vacuum, can hardly breathe and sometimes
hardly see. when you were young, you had lungs and I can hardly
breathe and I can hardly breathe

can you
can you

and you can say, I could hardly breathe in the breathless zone,
in the plateau plateau i can hardly breathe -
without making a sound i'm suffocating, worn, tattered
and then I could hardly breathe and then I'm not able to breathe
not to beggar a life not to breathe I'm not able to
I'm not able to
with my breathable legs and arms

and the despairing misery of jetlag and the whisper of armies
marching in the night