[NetBehaviour] Best Uke

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Oct 26 23:56:09 CEST 2019

Best Uke

http://www.alansondheim.org/bestuke.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/bestuke.mp3

The whole trip, I had the Kala curly mango standard uke with me;
it's portable of course. So I prepared with it; before I left, I
had developed a shaking in my left index finger as a result of
the exercises I was putting my hands through. But that went away
almost entirely. The uke has a low G string instead of the usual
- which gives it the presence of a very small tenor guitar. I
practiced and practiced on it. I kept thinking of delta blues
and Webern and Bartok. I played my best uke. The image is from
my demonstration at Brunel University (photo by Azure Carter);
the piece was recorded here in Providence. Enjoy. It's the best
ukulele playing I've ever heard! (Of course I'd say that.)
Enjoy!