[NetBehaviour] Invitation to join in dialogue, COVID Net Art discussion

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:02:31 CEST 2020

Good conversation to be having now!
Thanks for bringing it up Graziano.

We are using jitsi
Open source
But hard to find out about its relative security/privacy.

Anyone have good sources?
:?
Ruth

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 9:54 AM Graziano Milano via NetBehaviour <

> Hi Danielle,
>
> Probably it’s better not to use *Zoom* for virtual online gatherings as
> I’ve just read an article in The Guardian about Zoom where security
> researchers say the app is a *‘privacy disaster’*. You can read the full
> article here:
> ‘Zoom is malware’: why experts worry about the video conferencing platform
> <https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/02/zoom-technology-security-coronavirus-video-conferencing>
>
> Best,
> Graziano
>
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 09:04, Danielle Siembieda via NetBehaviour <
>
>> Hi there, I wanted to share a couple of important things Leonardo is
>> doing in the next week. I thought you'd like to join us.
>>
>> *Coffee and Cocktails - A Social Connecting Space in your timezone.*
>>

>> They are on Mondays and Thursdays.* Here is a link with details about
>> times, <https://www.leonardo.info/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=489>* when
>> you register it will email you the private Zoom room information. Our next
>> one is Thursday morning at 9:00 AM San Francisco time hosted by Leonardo's
>> Managing Editor Erica Hruby.
>>

>> I also wanted to make sure you know about and are able to attend a
>> special panel discussion for a net art exhibition sponsored by the Chronos
>> Art Center and Rhizome at the New Museum in response to COVID-19. We=Link:
>> Ten Easy Pieces press release and ten partner organizations can be found
>> here <https://www.leonardo.info/welink-ten-easy-pieces>. The artworks
>> are currently on the Chronus site here
>> <http://we-link.chronusartcenter.org/>and will soon be on the Leonardo
>> site archived.
>>

>> We hope you will join us for an interactive panel on Monday, April 6 at
>> 5:00 San Francisco time. *Details are and RSVP here
>> <https://www.leonardo.info/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=490>. We will also
>> share this live on Facebook
>> <https://www.facebook.com/events/643544219757375/>.*
>>

>> One last thing, we are in the midst of collaborating with our LASER Hosts
>> around the world for a global LASER Event. We will announce more soon.
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Danielle Siembieda
>> Managing Director
>> Leonardo/ISAST

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,
EC1A 9ET.