[NetBehaviour] Confusion Entanglement, philosophy, poetics

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 20:54:36 CEST 2020

hello all:
the postings on this list, very often, amaze me, and I can't put my finger on it. is this a writer's room of networked self-isolated artists, makers, solitudinists, thinkers?

thanks Alan for your text and image, the latter shot as you seem to imply, "entre chien et loup" (as French filmmakers call that blurry threshold time, between hope and fear, between the familiar and comfortable, the unknown and dangerous), stimulating Max's response which is about something quite different, his Solstizio Calvino.  The a-facticity of your writing, Alan, is wonderful and allusive to probably a old hebrew / biblical notion of where the word began or where things began begetting rules or Verbote.

Theatre currently is verboten. Does anyone know the Segal Theatre Center ? I think its in New York City, and today and every day at 12 noon (EDT)  there are talks. Today's was with Rimini Protokoll - a company that produces documentary theatre pieces, radio shows and work in the urban environment in a diverse variety of collaborative partnerships....  I thought, given how we may have more time to read or listen, being self-isolated and not mingling in urban environments (our town hall here today sent messengers around the little town, to each house, distributing free masks!), what would it be like, after theatre in black boxes, following Alan's references, to listen more to sound resonating through the wide canyons, just as light itself, scintillated and reflected from a myriad of surfaces, rough and smooth, at all angles and colorations. as we go deeper, into a not yet known, inconceivable world of sound and light....

regards
Johannes Birringer

ps.
To watch the HowlRound Live Stream, click here:
https://howlround.com/happenings/livestreaming-segal-talks-rimini-protokoll-daniel-wetzel-helgard-haug-and-stefan-kaegi
To watch the Segal Facebook Live Stream: https://www.facebook.com/events/216616263120779/
To watch previous talks on the Segal YouTube Channel, click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7hiSnB3RRtJuyNbhfMwDdg