[NetBehaviour] Fires in Australia

Max Herman maxnmherman at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 20:39:24 CET 2020

Hi Alan,

I share your dismay over these horrors.

Often I feel that grieving and witnessing are all I can do so I try to do these.  Sometimes I wonder if more is possible, if only hypothetically, even when so much is clearly beyond the control of anything I can conceive of technologically or otherwise.

I try to blend hopefulness and realism when I can, and the attached song that Michael and I wrote last August captures a lot of that feeling for me.  It is a hopeful song, especially in the first and last sections, but the middle section is as follows:

Such hate across the nation
Brings tears to fathers' eyes
Death by fire and by water
Storms of our own demise

In any case these are some of the things I think about these days.

Best regards,

Max