[NetBehaviour] which side are you on

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Tue Jun 2 13:22:13 CEST 2020

They say in Harlan County
There are no neutrals there.
You’re either with the union
Or a thug for J. H. Blair.

( from Which Side Are you On, union organising song)

*****
The oppressed fighting back isn't always pretty.

Provocations have always been part of the history of struggle, but I will *not* condemn the uprising.
Even where the oppressed make mistakes I want to stand with them.
I remember Tony Cliff/Ygael Gluckstein saying about the Mau Mau, the Kenyan anti colonialists:
'People say the use of machetes is barbaric. Yes of course it's barbaric. We Say: GIVE THEM BLOODY MACHINE GUNS!'
Likewise with  the nudge nudge wink wink smears against white anti racist activists. It is a huge step forward that the protesters are so racially diverse.I find it ironic that people who have whinged on endlessly about Trump end up passively supporting his calumnies.Those trying to balance on the fence will end up falling off, & into the all too welcoming  arms of the oppressors.