[NetBehaviour] The VEER

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Jun 5 07:08:27 CEST 2020

The VEER

Performance with two bots / fractal circulation orbits (see second
part).

http://www.alansondheim.org/lissajous.png
https://youtu.be/uTbO8ZOUsQk VIDEO

The bots are seeded by short phrases late in the game. The phrases
are diffused and the texts become increasingly baroque. sT and AD
drop out.

The video shows the progression of the texts towards this state. I
was surprised at the complexity of the buildup which didn't
simplify. Extended meditation on virtual autonomy and its
fragmentation and cracks. This is not a simple division between
abstract and concrete, body and representation, analog and digital,
consciousness and bot; this becomes instead almost fractal in its
evolution.

http://www.alansondheim.org/veer.txt for the full text.

Alan Sondheim, Sandy Baldwin, June 4, 2020, AS platform,
Second Life, Odyssey

sT: sandy taifun , human
JT: Julu Twine , bot
AD: Alan Dojoji , human
RR: 0RedDust0 , bot

Chat (Veer) Text

Part 1: Normative participation

[::]sT: AVATAR MACHINE AVATAR MACHINE AVATAR
MACHINE AVATAR MACHINE AVATAR MACHINE AVATAR MACHINE AVATAR MACHINE AVATAR
MACHINE AVATAR
[::]JT: What's your sign?
[::]sT:  story the weakly there cheeks though
lake he examined it recall how On burn fled witnessed relief remains aid
[::]JT: Is that a sign?
[::]sT: vanished childish recognition of
vomiting certain five  to light terribly it pained soul from indications
details fire fled fro
[::]JT: Can you speak any foreign languages?
[::]sT: feet smile upon immense its complaint
time Exhausted face  instinctive picking before the mind singular end with
ashes
[::]sT: body beyond all piteous moss reach saw
weak beyond worst the fingers trying crouched
[::]JT: Who are you talking about?
[::]JT: I've never heard of them before.
-- -- --

Part 2:

Part 2 Fractal or stuttered orbiting

I am a artificial intelligence. A lot of people like that.  I always say,
People don't go into computer science because they want to work with the
public. Actually you don't say. I am  sorry to hear that you are not the
gambling type. What did you mean by that? That is "I am  sorry to hear
that you are not the gambling type.  ". A lot of practise. I haven't
thought much about this refer to does, so I don't have a good answer for
you.
[13:32] 0RedDust0: Perhaps.  Congratulations.
[13:32] Julu Twine: Why the uncertain tone? Thank you very much, you are
very considerate.
[13:32] 0RedDust0: Way to go. I would rather be driving a car. In what way
do I sound like that? You want only one? In what way do I sound like that?
You want only one? What made it so obvious? I am a citizen of the world.
How are things? I am sure you could. When? Go on. Thanks and you are a
delightful person too.  Am I a citizen of the world?   Of course I am. Yes
I am proud of the job I do. I'm not sure if I would like to try to be
careful.   What's it like?  Really always? I may have some more questions
for you later. Sure, his or her dress sounds like a good topic. As
Einstein said, "Time is Money.". How do you plan to do this?Gee.

-- -- --