[NetBehaviour] Links

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Jun 6 01:30:49 CEST 2020

The basics of category theory aren't that difficult to understand. It's
also somewhat easy to see where it applies, but to understand where it's
actually applicable, you have to dig deeper into the theory instead of
speculating from outside, I think.

What you're describing, Max, doesn't seem to hold; it's a very exact
discipline.

That said, there's this - https://kerodon.net/ - which I do not
understand, except that it's based on category theory and is reworking the
foundations of math; I think there was a Quanta article on it (but I may
be mistaken).

Neural network theory's been used by neuroscience of course, as well as
AI; the piece I put up yesterday is based on AI of course, bringing the
circulations and fractal resonances to the surface. I'd be careful about
taking difficult concepts and sending them into territory one knows,
without digging deeply into those concepts and understanding them.

There's a lot of simplified explanations of category theory itself out
there. Then there's topos theory which extends that...

Etc. etc., I am humble before mathematicians! :-)

Best!, Alan, be well!