[NetBehaviour] bamboo breathing

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Jun 7 14:43:39 CEST 2020

Thank you greatly! I was very concerned about the shakuhachi music, but an
acquaintance who's a master with the instrument (as well as making /
repairing them) called the piece 'wonderful.' So I feel justified; for me
there's nothing like it and (for me) its difficulty. The writing resonates
with that and with the double issues of breathing - the choke hold
brutally used by the police, and the inflammation of the respiratory
system with covid. Not to mention the choking caused by smog related to
global warming. Shakuhachi I think has everything to do with breath
control; interestingly it was apparently also used as a personal weapon
centuries ago.