[NetBehaviour] need suggestions, thank you in advance

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Thu Jun 11 17:51:18 CEST 2020

I think it would be really interesting to see what you did with Twitter Alan . I’d follow you!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, June 11, 2020, 2:41 pm, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

Hi - if it makes I'll be teaching a course on Internet Culture and
Community this fall online; I'm writing to ask if you could recommend
a textbook of sorts that I might use as a reference. None of the books
I've seen are in date. I need it to cover some of Net history, a
brief description of things like packets and TCP/IP, maybe mention of
AOL and early communities like newsgroups and email lists, through
the present proliferation of the Net everywhere - political, social
issues, etc. - including controversies like access, surveillance,
control, etc. In other words an outline or survey. Any suggestions
greatly appreciated. This would be for me more than the students, a
way of organizing content around the digital sphere that permeates
almost all of us now. Free access wd be great, any suggestions at
all more than appreciated.

A second request - almost all my work is disseminated through email
lists or Facebook. I'm pretty much under the radar; are there any
other social apps you might recommend where there is actual
discussion of work, at least on occasion? Things like Twitter don't
work, given the complexity of what I do, I think (maybe it's not
that complex, I don't know).  Again, any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Best, Alan