[NetBehaviour] need suggestions, thank you in advance

Paul Hertz ignotus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:14:48 CEST 2020

Hi Alan,

I don't know how much you want a foundational text versus a contemporary
text. I found Annemarie Chandler and Norie Neumark's anthology *At a
Distance: Precursors to Art and Activism on the Internet* useful for the
"Prehistories of New Media" course I taught:
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/distance.

Back in the same time period, Hannah Higgins and Douglas Kahn's
anthology *Mainframe
Experimentalism: Early Computing and the Foundations of the Digital Arts* has
a wealth of evidence that digital culture did not start in the last five
minutes. Someone else may recommend books on more current events. These two
were excellent sources for combatting the "rootless" cyberculture many of
my students experienced on the Internetz.

salud,

Paul

http://paulhertz.net/