[NetBehaviour] need suggestions, thank you in advance

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Mon Jun 15 14:03:22 CEST 2020

  Not exactly a text book but Charlotte's book about art criticism online a warm, funny, scholarly and engaging read...https://www.gylphi.co.uk/books/ArtCriticism
it also quotes me saying nice (and true) things about your work Alan!

Michael

    On Monday, June 15, 2020, 11:16:19 AM GMT+1, Ruth Catlow via NetBehaviour <netbehaviour at lists.netbehaviour.org> wrote:

 HiyaTHIS....Annemarie Chandler and Norie Neumark's anthology At a Distance: Precursors to Art and Activism on the Internet useful for the "Prehistories of New Media" course I taught: https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/distance.
...is my all time favourite!
It is scholarly and accessible, has multiple voices, multiple practices, does proper prehistory and gets to the heart of the strangeness and multi-dimensionality and, most importantly for me, the centrality of relationality to networked media as a site and medium for artistic practice.

:)