[NetBehaviour] shameful behaviour at Goldsmiths

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:39:40 CEST 2020

Yes
I've been watching this unfold.
And I agree with your statement
Goldsmiths has long had a very problematic relationship with both the
artworld and with racism.

There have been (and continue to be) some such excellent people there
working at take-downs in both domains:
Suhail Malik
Zach Blas
Ramon Amaro
Helen Pritchard
Sarah Ahmed
Kristen Krieder
.... to name a few (and ignoring all the excellent work going on at the
intersection of social justice, art and environment)

But still the dreadful stories keep coming from all departments on the
brutal and utterly unprincipled treatment of students and staff alike that
would appear to stem from the status of the university as a business
rather than a place of learning.

URGH!

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:08 PM Michael Szpakowski <m at michaelszpakowski.org>
wrote:

> Have people seen this?
>
> https://twitter.com/evan_ife/status/1272456549215211521
>
> It is utterly shameful.
> If you're on Twitter I urge you to like and reweet Evan's message.
> If I hear of any other solidarity steps people can take I will post them
> here
>
> Michael

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*sending thanks
<https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/november/think-before-you-thank-if-every-brit-sent-one-less-thank-you-email-a-day-we-would-save-16433-tonnes-of-carbon-a-year-the-same-as-81152-flights-to-madrid.html>
in
advance

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,
EC1A 9ET.