[NetBehaviour] Video Talk on Somatic Ghosting for ELO 2020 *

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Jun 21 08:32:35 CEST 2020

Video Talk on Somatic Ghosting for ELO 2020 *
(asynchronous presentation)

http://www.alansondheim.org/armandhand.png
https://youtu.be/b8TRiZBmOjI VIDEO (35 minutes)

The talk is improvised, recorded in Snagit, assembled in Adobe
Premiere. It includes materials from a number of videos and
stills. It's a summary of the work I've been doing for the
past decade and a half, the unproduction of the body or bodies
in a variety of technological and haptic circumstances. There's
some theory and some history and referencing in the video and
of course as is my wont; I apologize ahead of time for any
errors. The piece was recorded in 13 sections, one after the
other, which were then assembled in the order of recording.
This is a theme which pervades all of my work, the problematic
of the body in relation to the digital and technologies in
general, including analog. It's an attempt to collapse the
production of the digital body back into the analog, and to
emphasize the body in relation to biomes and microbiomes;
disease and death; refugee, racist and contested environments;
ecstasy, sexuality, and abjections; bacterial, viral, and
other forms of disease; and depression, anxiety, defocusing,
meditation, and turmoil as well.

I do hope this is of interest to conference goers and others
who may come across it. Thank you.

http://www.alansondheim.org/armandhand.png

*Virtual Electronic Literature Organization Conference,
July 2020

+++