[NetBehaviour] 60 years ago today - music transmission across 4 generations of Catlows

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 10:44:14 CEST 2020

I have been playing my violin again since lock down and I came across this
sheet music for the second 2nd Bach Partita that I played when I was much
younger.

You can see from the inscription that it was a birthday present from Rolf,
my paternal grandfather, to his father exactly 60 years ago today.

My dad John, who was a professional cellist, has a photo from this time of
the three generations of men playing chamber music: Dad on cello, Rolf on
the piano, and my great grandfather, Arthur, playing the violin.

[image: image.png]

There is something very moving to me about this cultural inheritance, and I
wanted to share it with you all :)

warmly
Ruth

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*sending thanks
<https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/november/think-before-you-thank-if-every-brit-sent-one-less-thank-you-email-a-day-we-would-save-16433-tonnes-of-carbon-a-year-the-same-as-81152-flights-to-madrid.html>
in
advance

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,
EC1A 9ET.