[NetBehaviour] 60 years ago today - music transmission across 4 generations of Catlows

Gretta Louw gretta.elise.louw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:28:20 CEST 2020

How beautiful, Ruth! Thanks for sharing!

My creative inheritance is definitely needlework. I did a fair bit of it as a kid at my mum’s side then stopped for decades. When I picked it back up a few years ago I found that, to my astonishment, I had picked up so much more than I’d realised purely (seemingly) by osmosis watching all the matriarchs in my life sew, crochet, knit, stitch, and embroider. Fabrics felt immediately natural. Working with them makes me feel wonderfully connected to a powerful lineage of women (both related and unrelated to me).

Gretta