[NetBehaviour] 60 years ago today - music transmission across 4 generations of Catlows

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Wed Jun 24 01:10:10 CEST 2020

beautiful synchronicity ruth :)

knitting is something i have learned/inherited from my mother that she
had from her mother. & piano playing also from my mother & grandfather.
but it's so long now since i played regularly that the few times i've
made a feeble attempt it's been quite embarrassing. i do actually own a
piano, in nz, so perhaps when i'm back here permanently i'll get back
into it ... gardening is another skill i have from my mother, & we had a
conversation about it recently, as i was curious where she had got the
passion from. her parents weren't active gardeners - they had a great
garden at their house in sydney, but they also had a gardener - so mum
just learned herself. i've also inherited from her a love of jigsaw
puzzles & the ability to select the perfect-sized container for putting
the leftovers into - does that count as a skill? ;)

h : )

helen varley jamieson

helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com