[NetBehaviour] 60 years ago today - music transmission across 4 generations of Catlows

Graziano Milano grazmaster at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:20:48 CEST 2020

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for sharing your dado's photo. Partita is an Italian word, its
translation is "Game"

My creative/skill inheritance comes from my home village, Cassano Allo
Ionio, in Southern Italy close to Sybaris, an important city of Magna
Grecia, founded in 720 BC by Achaean and Troezenian settlers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybaris

In a 2016 BBC four-part series “The Renaissance Unchained”
<https://vimeo.com/ondemand/therenaissanceunchained>, the art critic
Waldemar Januszczak challenges the traditional view of the art’s most
important epoch – the Renaissance. On episode 2 – *“Whips, Deaths and
Madonnas” *– he takes a look at the importance of religious narrative in
Italian art by filming the Good Friday Procession of my Calabrian home
village where I was born and grew up. That traditional audio-visual
narrative is probably where most of my creativity comes from. You can watch
it here:
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/therenaissanceunchained/375897300?autoplay=1

Plus my dad, as a teenager, trained as a tailor and, as a prisoner of war
in Somerset and London from 1943 to 1946, he sketched and tailor made the
uniforms of some British military officers. Last year I found a copybook
with all the uniforms sketches he did during those years. Plus my mum was
an amazing embroider by decorating all sorts of fabric items we were using
at home.

Graziano