[NetBehaviour] 60 years ago today - music transmission across 4 generations of Catlows

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Thu Jun 25 00:50:08 CEST 2020

 I can't claim any great cultural heritage apart , on my UK side,  from an intimate knowledge of the Methodist Hymn book, and the fact my mother late into her life desperately regretted that she'd never been able to learn the accordion, which she had *so* wanted to do instead of the piano.She also only ever wrote one poem, at school, and it was clearly important to her, this creative act, because she remembered & recited it to the end of her life:
See the little Daisy brightStanding there, all through the nightPink tipped petals, golden centreLet us go to the castle and enter.
Whatever frustrated creative drive she had, she later channeled into an almost supernatural ability to make house plants of all varieties grow and thrive.My Dad was entirely uninterested in culture except for the Saturday pm ITV wrestling and Cossack dancing displays. He did however love nature with a passion and I inherited that.As for documents -a couple of weeks ago my cousin Jarosław sent me a piece of testimony from my father which must have been given in 43 or 44 & has been in the Hoover collection  in the States ever since. When he related this he was three years younger than my daughter is now.
One of my very first pieces of 'net art' (sounds quaint now) made in Director, but now just a piece of video, dealt with the same subjects.
The testimony:https://bit.ly/37ZZcns

The piece:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYPBBYPyzxA
cheersMichael