[NetBehaviour] 60 years ago today - music transmission across 4 generations of Catlows

Edward Picot julian.lesaux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 23:50:35 CEST 2020

I love this thread!

My father was Paul Le Saux, who used to write scripts for British
Transport Films. They made travelogues, part-documentary and part-artsy,
about various aspects of the railway network, and the places in Britain
to which the trains could take you.

I always used to assume that I got my creativity from him, and he
certainly encouraged me to write when I was young. He died when I was
six years old. But actually I think I also inherited quite a lot from my
maternal grandfather, who was a merchant seaman, an engineer, and later
a foreman at the docks in Belvedere on the Thames. In his spare time he
was also a bellringer, and I've got some notebooks of his, in which he
wrote out peal-sequences for different numbers of bells.

Edward