[NetBehaviour] Cranes and Blackbirds

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 18:32:28 CET 2020

yes, i agree wholeheartedly, thank you Alan for sending us these images, sounds, and your reflections
on the cranes calling (to whom to they call) on these fields & the air over nebraska, and now you spotted the blackbirds
in colorado, your missive from the nature lands out west are most welcome, and you do mention the current health crisis
in the cranes post, the surreal lock-downs we experiences in the metropoles and states, the rising anxieties.
I welcome the reports you send more and more, as I try to stem the tide of daily emergency messages
(i only have wifi at the university office, so i sneak into forbidden lockdown buildings, along dark ghost corridors)
to retrieve messages from management. students have dispersed, some apparently made it home before
the borders of their countries closed.

those of us who teach creative arts have been asked to become distanced digital teachers.
we call out to the dispersed.

we zoom. we may all have learnt a little from annie abrahams and her partners' 'distant feelings' and 'distant movements'....
so glad i already got some practice with their sessions.

distant utterings, here, how long will we able to sustain the distancing?

warm regards
Johannes Birringer
dap-lab

From: NetBehaviour <netbehaviour-bounces at lists.netbehaviour.org> on behalf of Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com>

Thank you so much!
Best, Alan, hunkered down in a blizzardy Aurora, Colorado :-)