[NetBehaviour] Cranes and Blackbirds

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:56:57 CET 2020

Thank you, what we just saw, now, was an epiphany, a flock - *flock - *of
white pelicans over Colorado, where we are. I've seen pelicans on the west
coast of course and I think(?) in St. James Park, but never a flock before.
Their bills were enormous! They were oddly streamlined as well, even with
their more or less heavy bodies. We need these in our lives now; if there
weren't so much snow (from the blizzard) on the ground, we'd be out looking
for fungi, which are also around, stranger ones I mean. So the whole world
is buzzing but for the exception perhaps of these naked/clothed apes we are
suddenly worried about death and life's future.

The distance will always be there, the utterings perhaps fainter if
electronic/electric, but it's amazing how much life there is in the
apparent silence of the world. And yes, Annie Abrahams knows all of this,
making us aware as well.

Best, Alan

gmail.com <http://gmail.com>*