[NetBehaviour] Mona Lisa news

Max Herman maxnmherman at hotmail.com
Mon May 11 19:46:53 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Just found this article while walking along the Mississippi this weekend.  I never knew that Leonardo had invented a weaving machine!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/fashion/craftsmanship-antico-setificio-fiorentino-florence-italy.html

All from the same timeframe, around 1495-1505, and thus potentially related: the ML, the Codex Leicester, the weaving machine, and the Madonna of the Yarnwinder (which like the ML has a river and bridge in the background).

https://www.leonardodavinci.net/madonna-of-the-yarnwinder.jsp

Here's a silly turn of phrase that occurred to me on one of my walks by the river, trying to compose a poem:  "Leonardo lived by the Arno, I the Mississippi."

All best wishes and regards,

Max