[NetBehaviour] Suture Self

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat May 23 08:10:15 CEST 2020

Suture Self

http://www.alansondheim.org/suture.jpg
https://youtu.be/GgjYqAP1mFk  VIDEO

of scarification, a process, not a product. There are the stitches
and there are rabbits running and dropped stitches.

healing of unrecuperated division. The stitches spell the name
engraved in the flesh of the wires; the stitches spell the name,
forwards and backwards, dream sutures and stitches the wounded.
sutures and ruptures, stitches and wounds.

the world is sleeping, recovering from the removal of her stitches.
She travelled with wounds that will not heal, stitches that fall
out before their time... then stitches lips apart, gagging on the
interminable cluster of sounds in sleep, recovering from their
removal... She travelled across the wrinkled stars the Milky Way,
hands hand and crib robe stitches, reason and more reason. sew
flannel crib robe stitches, reason, joyful with their removal

the dream sutures and stitches the wounded.
sutures and ruptures, stitches and wounds.
the dream sutures and stitches the wounded.

bing of wounds that will not heal, stitches that fall out before
their time as

in this manner writing stitches together
sutures and ruptures, stitches and wounds.
the dream sutures and stitches the wounded.

the bing of wounds that will not heal, stitches that fall out
before their time dream sutures and stitches the wounded. the
horizon bends interior. stitches gagging cluster sounds swallowing
pretty pebbles torn

the dream sutures and stitches the wounded.
sutures and ruptures, stitches and wounds.

Your stitches should be wiped into existence? --> skin(0).
skin(1). stitches should be wiped into existence? skin(0).

healing at least with stitches, lips apart, gagging on the
interminable cluster of sounds, nonetheless singing as heaven
listens and agrees

-rw----r--  1 sondheim  users  2459 Nov 10  2009 texts/cheat.txt
-rw----r--  1 sondheim  users  2459 Nov 10  2009 texts/cheat.txt

How I Cheat

I'm forever borrowing scripts and remaking them, impressing big
important people with my programming ability when I have none at
all.

A few tiny bounce commands when an avatar comes near and I have a
super fantastic interactive installation.

Particle physics gone just a bit amuck makes it look like I crafted
models of black holes and Large Hadron Collider targets.

Weird twangy objects make everything look lumpy and complicated
just like the early pre-galactic universe.

Importing abject and bizarre body textures makes silly shapes
appear really risky and out of control.

Borrowing terms from psychoanalysis and science gives my stuff a
legitima- ted edge.

A few wobbly movements and it seems as if I've taken physics in
hand and bent it to my purpose.

Taking down buildings and other stuff and calling it deconstruction
gives it theory-advantage.

Endless advertising pumps up my things like inflationary universes
in their own tiny bubbles.

Referencing other artworks by not referencing other artworks is so
cool I gain panache.

Keeping words out of the installations makes them appear mysterious
and dark.

Making things slightly transparent increases their complexity
without really doing anything much.

Letting stuff rotate beyond raster limits makes movement appear
incredibly sophisticated instead of it being just the inability of
video-cards to keep up.

Obscure names for shows act like ultra-cool sunglasses hiding
nothing much to see.

Confessing pain and obsession creates empathy and guilt in an
otherwise critical audience.

Networking makes me seem like a real know-it-all who knows it all.

There's nothing like an avatar jumping about to make it appear that
I'm a master at script-writing.

Leaving some stuff unfinished shows what a busy creature I am.

Weird sound creates shortcuts to making environments out of very
little.

Silence gives things a deep conceptual edge.

Making stuff transparent so avatars bump into it gives an illusion
of control and brilliant but invisible architecture.

Just build something as big as possible and it seems like you're a
master of a virtual universe.

Never imitating 'real' objects creates the feeling of real
unworldliness as if the alien is under my command.

Ending lists like these abruptly makes it appear that I have so
much to say I don't really know when to stop.

+++