[NetBehaviour] Sally Jane Rowley, the Mississippi Freedom Rides n 1961 & Covid-19

marc garrett marc.garrett2 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:54:11 CEST 2020

Hi Gretta,

Yes, I wanted to share a story of a person who has done something
brave, and was a decent human being, rather than feed the ego of a an
asshole, desperate for power.

On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 11:57, Gretta Louw <gretta at grettalouw.com> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing that, Marc! Sad news but a timely reminder of the good that’s out there, too.
>
> Gretta
>

> On 25 May 2020, at 12:24 pm, marc garrett via NetBehaviour <netbehaviour at lists.netbehaviour.org> wrote:
>
> H all,
>
> Even though they need to be challenged, let's not pay too much mind to the shallow, soulless and patriarchal, empty vessels killing our futures, such as: Steve Bannon, Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson, and the rest of the gutless arse-wipes promoting their own particular brands of privileged disruption on our lives.
>
> Let's remember people such as "Sally Jane Rowley", who in 1961 joined the Mississippi Freedom Rides. She was arrested & sentenced to 6 months in prison because she was fighting for civil rights in the south. She dedicated her life to social justice. She passed away the week of May 14th, 2020 alone from COVID-19." Posted on Twitter by @CharleneArauj12
>
> More info about the Freedom Riders - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Riders
>
> <EYq3fpoUwAA7g-R.jpg>
>
> Wishing you well.
>
> marc

Wishing you well.

Marc

Marc Garrett

Co-founder & Artistic director of Furtherfield & DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab

Furtherfield disrupts & democratises art and technology through
exhibitions, labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free
thinking. http://www.furtherfield.org

DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0
technologies research hub for fairer, more dynamic & connected
cultural ecologies & economies now. http://decal.is/

Recent publications:

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital
Citizenship, Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc
Garrett, Inte Gloerich. Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019
http://bit.do/eQgg3

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett,
Nathan Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK