[NetBehaviour] Which side are you on...

Michael Szpakowski m at michaelszpakowski.org
Sun May 31 07:46:06 CEST 2020

Is an old labour movement song but it’s refrain is more pertinent, more vital than ever. There is no evidence that the uprising is led by ‘outside agitators’. In the limited number of cases where people have traveled to join the protests there’s a better word: solidarity and one of the marvellous features of all this is the high level of inter-racial solidarity in the most racist country in the world. The people at the sharp end of the virus crisis who have suffered and died in the greatest numbers are fighting back against the virus of racism. It isn’t always pretty but it’s a test. Do we side with the oppressed or not? I don’t want to hear people endlessly bemoan the state of the world then sit with arms folded and pontificate ‘on the one hand one the other ‘ or ,worse, adopt the narratives of power ( from Trump through to democrats) to smear those who can sit back and take it no longer. #GeorgeFloydWasMurdered #BlackLivesMatter #NoJusticeNoPeace

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone