[NetBehaviour] Sorting Kandinsky

Pall Thayer pallthay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:58:35 CEST 2021

Thanks Alan.

Regarding your question... it's more technical than anything else. I wrote
a PHP script to do the pixel sorting, the visual is created in Processing.
When I tried to run the sorting algorithm on a full resolution image, PHP
gave up because it was too much info. So I ended up reducing the Kandinsky
image to 200 x whatever pixels and then in the visualization I make
everything 5 times bigger. So, what represents a single pixel is actually
5x5 pixels. To make sure that the source point of any sorted pixel matches
its location on the image, I had to enlarge the image x 5 too. So it ends
up a bit blurry and pixelated.

Best r.
Pall

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 11:33 AM Alan Sondheim via NetBehaviour <

> This is amazing and lovely and reminds me of the period of time Kandinsky
> was working, it also reminds me of Klee's notebooks. A question - why the
> blurred image at the beginning? Was that deliberate, or the result of the
> processing or my computer for that matter?
> ...turns almost Monet-ish, water lilies myopic.
> Would there be a way to create a three-dimensional parallel to this? Or a
> way to create a bvh file for creating a 3d model? Just curious.
> The speed is pure music, thank you for such beauty -
> - Alan
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 10:17 AM Pall Thayer via NetBehaviour <
>
>> Some new work I'm making and would like to share.
>>
>> Composition II sorted by saturation ascending, brightness descending, hue
>> descending.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/tqVNxMffvp0
>>
>> Best r.
>> Pall Thayer